So I know I said I was going to go private November 1....well as you can see, I kinda missed my own self-imposed deadline. Well, I will get around to it sometime. But for now...it's business as usual.
We are getting very excited for the holiday season around here. I finally made listening to Christmas music legal at our house. Ben kept turning it on, and I couldn't resist. How can you pass up an opportunity to listen to Bing, Celine, and yes even NSYNC singing Christmas classics? But now that I have started, Ben is going overboard. Not a day goes by that he doesn't mention our Christmas tree. He always talks about how to rearrange the living room (not that we don't do that every month) and every day he talks about putting up the tree. I will try to hold out for a few more days!
We have been very blessed lately. Ben and I took a missionary class in our ward recently and the lady who taught it once mentioned that she didn't know why she always read scriptures with her kids, but now that they are older she can see the reasons. I feel the same way now. Ben has been teaching Rachel to pray. Now at dinner time, Rachel always says the prayer with daddy's help. She has been folding her arms for awhile now, but it is so cute to hear her say little phrases like "tank thee", "peas bess" and my personal favorite "Gee-gee" (that's how she says Jesus). I can't wait to see how the kids progress as the years go by.
I don't want to post this without putting up a few cute pictures. So here are a few from a couple of weeks ago. We went to Manito Park again when my parents were here for the weekend. We got some really cute shots of Rachel and Brandon. So, here you go!
Rachel loves her stroller rides even when it is chilly outside.
Isn't he the cutest little guy on the planet?
9 comments:
your kids get more and more beautiful with every post!
Absolutely wonderful photos!! Priceless. I love Christmas too and I'm getting anxious about the tree! I think I will hold out until after Thanksgiving as usual though! That is so cute about the prayer! I just love it. Children are truly a blessing!
This post is so precious! You make me even more excited to have children than I already am (and I'm pretty stoked already). Your children are beautiful - especially your little girl, I love her hair! Oh, and I'm just about as crazy as Ben about Christmas! Luckily Trav's been in China for 2 weeks so he's not here to turn my music off. (of course I'd take him back just as soon as they'll let me even if that means waiting a couple weeks for the music). Well, it looks like life is good. Take care!
ok ok ok, you have adorable kids. Brandon can have the cutest boy title for 6 more weeks, but then i'm afraid he'll have to surrender that coveted position to his cousin. Ok but honestly, I just hope my kids are at least half as cute as yours, nice work Miss Oregon!
You kids are getting so big. You still need to bring Brandon down so we can meet him.
Oh yes - not so adventurous. Remember my babies don't want to come out on their own. So I don't really get too concerned about hikes and such... especially when they are so close to the hospital. My doctor promised to induce me on my due date until he saw that I still wasn't dialated. So I may still be pregnant on Thanksgiving day....
i just thought i should let you know the word verification i had to type in someone else's blog was pinglec and i thought of you.
So cute!! I love the pictures, you have adorable children. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who listens to Nsyncs Christmas album! :-) How can you resist?!
Well, the first thing I will admit is that we already have our Christmas Tree up! I can't belive we did it this early, but I finally decided that we might as well let it last for two months!!! (and yes Mike was the huge push behind it)! Our crazy husbands. I also can't believe that Rachel is talking, actually saying phrases. I can't wait to hear her say a little prayer. She is just so adorable. And little Brandon has the cutest smile!!!
Michelle! You're kids are soooo cute! I love the big blue eyes! I'm so happy that you sent me the link to your blog! You are hilarious and I've missed your, shall we say "cooky" sense of humor :) I look forward to keeping in touch! And yeah, I'll admit I listen to all those Christmas artists! I think I copied them from you! :)
Post a Comment