Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ward Halloween Party


Last night, our ward celebrated Halloween. We had a chili cook-off, the results of which were most delicious. Ben's mom made this amazing white chili which I had never had before. I think we are going to have to experience that again...and soon. Yum. Even Rachel ate it, which is basically a miracle.

Fairy Princess Rachel Brooke

Brandon Bear

Obviously, there were many in costumes as well. Ben helped the younger kids play some games in the primary room while I showed off my beautiful babies. After we ate, we had a trunk-or-treat. Rachel didn't really get it yet. Probably because it was a little dark by that point. But hey, Ben and I got a lot of candy out of it! For the most part, it was a great night.


The only damper on the festivities was that Brandon was not a happy boy. He had his shots earlier in the day, and he doesn't handle them very well. He is usually a little fussy and feverish for a few days afterward...but if anyone can bring a smile to his face, Rachel Brooke can!



About two hours before the party, a friend of ours talked Ben and I into dressing up as well. We pooled our resources and came up with this old geezer idea. It gave us a good feel for how we will look as we grow old together. Ben looks kind of distinguished if you ask me. We used baby powder for our hair, so we smelled great all night!


Even though I am not a fan of Halloween, we all had fun just spending time together as a family.

10 comments:

The Cysewski Family said...

YOU DID IT!!!! THAT WAS VERY FAST OF YOU!!! Haha, I love it, your kids are adorable:)

Krystal said...

Love it! Your kids are too cute and what a riot you are! When the post first came up..it was believeable until I looked closer and saw you under the gray! Cute idea - I just night take it! Thanks!

Kari Cheney said...

Haha, when i first looked at the pic and was looking at the kids and just figured the grandparents were holding them, then i was like, Wow, Ben looks just like his dad, then i was like, wait that is Ben. HAha. Very clever. Rachel looks so beautiful, and Brandon so adorable!

Linny said...

how fun you all look soo cute! Linc was scheduled to get his shots the day of our ward party but i rescheduled to prevent any fussiness! you guys look like you had lots of fun!

Michelle C said...

Super cute kiddos! You guys are hilarious!

Carissa said...

You guys are so funny! (and creative!) I love the pictures of Rachel & Brandon together. They look like such good friends! What cuties!

Rupp Family said...

FUN!!! You have some very cute children!!! I am proud to call them my neice and nephew! And as for my sister and brother-in-law, well....they are a little crazy!!!! Just kidding! Loved the outfits. And I am very impressed that you have now used that dress for two Halloweens now! Awesome!

Kelly Spence said...

Cute kids. You guys look great. Happy Halloween.

Brianna said...

Such cute costumes!!! How fun! I love seeing you as old lady.

Sarah Smith said...

You guys looks so funny! Your kids are so cute though they are going to be the best of friends!