Rodney Brandon Pingel was born April 15, 2008 at 7:12 a.m. Just like his big sister Rachel, he tipped the scales at 8 lbs 2 oz. However, he was 20 inches long as opposed to her 19 inches. Also compared to Rachel, labor with Brandon was a breeze. I woke up at 1:30 a.m. because Rachel was crying, and realized I was having contractions so we went to the hospital, got all set up by about 2:45, and Brandon was born four hours later. I can handle that!
This is a picture of Brandon and I on his birthday. I realized that I never post anything of me...but that's because the kids are the ones worth looking at! But I will try to post pictures of myself sometimes. So anyway, here we are when he was freshly born.

We had an interesting experience before we got to the hospital. We were living with Ben's grandma and we didn't have a driveway yet. Well it was April, so it was very rainy and muddy. When we went to drive to the hospital, our wimpy little car got a little bit stuck in the mud. This is a picture that shows what it was like. This picture was from being stuck another time...but it will give you the idea. Luckily, Grandma had a small SUV so we could get out of the mud and into the hospital!

Brandon has been a joy to have around. He is such a good baby. So content most of the time. He is a very sweet little guy. He just coo's and giggles all day long, when he's not spitting up, that is. This is one of my favorite pictures from his "early days"
Isn't he precious? Notice that his binkie is the same shade of blue as the gel pack he is laying on. Talk about good planning huh? Rachel was an angel when Brandon was born. She was curious about him and I think she liked him from the start. It was hard trying to make sure I gave Rachel enough attention with Brandon around. So my mom took a picture of us girls while we had some bonding time.

Fast forward three months. Brandon is all smiles and all spit up as you will see from this video. Again this was with a cell phone so the quality isn't so good...oh well. We have been so blessed to have him and are so excited to see where the future takes us.
2 comments:
I loved reading about little Brandon. They grow so fast don't they? That's wonderful your labors weren't too bad and that he's a good little boy. What a blessing to also have Rachel be a good big sister! Yes, you need to continue to post pictures of yourself. (:
Michelle, I love seeing pictures of you! You two little ones are growing so fast. It was fun to hear about little Brandon.
Post a Comment