Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Out of the mouth of Miss Rachel


I always love reading about the funny things kids say, so I thought I would take a minute and share some of the silly things Rachel has said lately.

1. Rachel was watching Grandma make a wedding cake last week. Apparently Rachel went on to tell Grandma that she was going to get married in the temple. And play dressups in the temple. And there would be fireworks.

2. Rachel has developed a dislike of jelly on her sandwiches. So I asked her what she wanted for lunch. After I suggested macaroni and cheese, she said, "No...maybe tomorrow. I want sandwiches! But no jelly. Leave it in the fridge".

3. Rachel loves her little cousins....maybe a little too much. Yesterday she said, "No more Ellie right now. Put her in hospital. I want Baby Jordin!"

4. Rachel has a little animal game that you can mix and match the parts of the faces with different magnets. She found a little pink tongue, and the drawing had a line down the middle. Completely mortified, she looked at me and said, "Mom~it's a bum! It's a bum". I tried to tell her it was just a tongue but she insists it was a bum.

5. Everyday, without fail, she will tell me something about a crazy apple coming. Sometimes it's in her tummy, sometimes its name is Thomas, sometimes daddy "throwed it away". But we hear about it on a daily basis.

6. Sometimes when I ask Rachel to do something for me she will say, "Oh...I can't right now. I sooo sick".

7. We are trying to teach Rachel to automatically say please without being told. Yesterday she asked for a sandwich by simply saying "I want a sandwich". So I said, "I want you to say I want a sandwich, please". So I said we would practice and I said, "Okay I...." and I motioned for her to finish the sentence. After a brief pause she said, "Love you?"

8. She differentiates grandmothers by calling Ben's mom "Grandma" and my mom is "Grandma in the blue house".

There are many more silly things she says and I just love her to pieces. I hope I wasn't the only amused by her little Rachel-isms. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ohhh she is so cute, I can't wait until Thomas can really talk back to me :)

The Wheelers said...

what a fun cute girl, my favorite was the put Ellie back in the hospital- lol

Carissa said...

haha What a cute little girl. Sometimes I wish I could follow their thoughts. Too funny.

Aubrey Dixon said...

So cute! I love that you're writing these things down. And I can't get over how much she looks like you! She is adorable!! And she has your sense of humor too:)