Friday, July 30, 2010

My Little Man

I just feel the urge to pay tribute to my handsome little Brandon Bear. I have been so so proud of him this week. We decided to start the arduous task of potty training. I was a little nervous because Rachel was...well...a nightmare. I didn't want to go back to cleaning puddles several times a day and stumbling upon human playdough again. But Brandon was showing serious signs of readiness. The big one being that he would ASK US to let him go potty in the toilet before bed. Wow.

So on Monday, we said goodbye to his diapers. He had probably three accidents during the day and wet the bed that night. By Tuesday we were down to two accidents in the morning and sleeping through the night while staying dry. Wednesday brought two accidents, and he came into my room in the middle of the night to help him go potty. Today he hasn't had any accidents and has asked me to take him potty when he felt it was time. I can't even tell you how excited we are about this.

My little man is awesome. Everything has gone so smoothly. I don't even think we will have to worry much about church on Sunday. I think he is going to be awesome. He has had several outings and hasn't had a single accident while we were out. He makes potty training seem like a breeze! So anyway, maybe this is a strange post, but I am proud of my son, by golly!

4 comments:

Julie said...

that's unusual for boys too! Way to go!

The Olligschlager Family said...

Wow that is so awesome! I hate potty training but find comfort that maybe my second time will go better.

aaronkarlasmithfamily said...

I'm so happy for you. I almost had Eden potty trained before Enoch was born, she was doing really good, hardly any accidents and going through the night. Once he came into the world she reverted and was back in diapers. I tried again this week, no interest at all from her. How sad, she will be three in December and no interest at all...one day she will have interest, probably about the time I'm working on Enoch! Who knows? Big congrats to you!!

Aubrey Dixon said...

Proud as you should be! He's an adorable little boy! Maybe he can give Jeremiah some tips . .