
My name is Michelle Pingel and I have a problem. A big problem. I am in love...with chocolate, candy, sugar, cookies, cake, pie, ice cream, chocolate milk, and in desperate times, marshmallows.
For some reason, I have no ability of restraint when it comes to these sugary temptations. If there is something in the house, I will surely eat it. If we don't have anything in the house, I dwell on the cravings until we go somewhere in which my sweet tooth (or teeth rather) can be satiated.
It's terrible. I don't even experience the "joy" of eating these goodies anymore. It's almost like a mechanical thing. I eat it because it is there. And I don't even savor the experience. It's almost like I inhale the chocolate without even really noticing that I am eating it.
I need help. Has anyone experienced addiction to the degree I have described? Is there hope for me? I don't think I could tell myself these things are "off limits" because that inevitably leads to binging later on. So I need some advice. How do I limit the amount of "naughty" foods I eat without getting the deprivation feeling which leads to relapse? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. :)
8 comments:
We have the opposite problem i really don't ever want sweets i just want food, lots and lots of food! lol
I know the problem well! I love the part about the marshmellows. It is true for me too! As for a solution I don't have one....yet!
Read Sugar Shock, it will cure you. I am almost done with it right now and I am disgusted by sugar. I still like it though, so I just need to keep it out of my house for now. good luck, especially with Halloween then the holidays. The book pretty much says that sugar is as bad if not worse than cocaine. yikes!
are you experiencing medical problems? You're certainly not over weight. Are you not eating other foods? If you've answered no to the questions above then I say whats the harm! (Atleast this is what I tell myself) Cameron gets symphony bars for his birthday and christmas from his parents and I eat them EVERY TIME. He has a chocolate stash for me that I don't know where it is and whenever I want something he goes and gets it for me. Otherwise it wouldn't last. You know how that is :)
Well, I love sugar too! Sweets are just SO yummy. What I have tried to do (key word - try) is to not buy the items in the first place, so there aren't a lot of the things around for me to eat. But then I just decide to make something to eat. So I have limited myself to making a yummy treat each MOnday for family home evening. So once a week I get to have a yummy treat and then I try to stay away from it for the most part during the week (I do have hot chocolate or some ice cream during the week, but try to limit it to a small amount).
"Hi Michelle". "My name is Rachel, and I also have a problem with Sugar." I also use marshmallows as a last resort. I don't even like marshmallows. Dang sugar. I think I"ll read that book Kelly was talking about.
haha, you sing a familiar tune my friend. If there is candy in the house I AM gonna eat it. I am still looking for a cure for myself... but I can tell you what kind of helped for me. When I start feeling like I need a treat I drink a waterbottle full of water. Usually if I drown myself in water then a treat doesn't sound good. However, sometimes I ditch the water and take the treat instead. :-) Maybe it will help at least a little bit!!
uhhh, same problem here! Its only worse when your pregnant because its easy to hide the results!
Post a Comment