Saturday, June 6, 2009

New house pictures

Due to popular demand, we present a few photos of our new home! We love it! There's so much more room, and we love having a yard. It sits on a half circle in a nice neighborhood.

The backyard has a lot of room. We've been struggling trying to get the grass green again, and have been mostly successful. There's just a strip along the back fence we just can't get to go green. We got a sprinkler today though and hope we'll be able to revive it.

We got a mower today! Ben is pretty excited. He was talking to our neighbors who are moving out, and offered to buy their mower, and they said sure. What a relief! Ben has been shopping garage sales for a few weeks now but hasn't been able to find anything, so this is a wonderful blessing. They were throwing out a bunch of stuff, so we got it free.. We now have lawn chairs, hoses, and shelves in the garage.

Finally we can show off our piano instead of hiding it in the dining room! Rachel and Brandon now sleep in the same room. They've done pretty well so far, although there are times it gets frustrating when they both cry at night.

This is an extra room for now, but that will change come February 4, 2010.

Well there you have it. And no, I didn't show my room on purpose because it's a mess. Maybe I'll post it later, and maybe I won't. We're grateful for our new home and look forward to what the future holds!

16 comments:

Travis and Sherise said...

How fun!! What a cute house - I love the big yard and you've got so much unpacked already, it took me a couple months I think.

Linny said...

you guys are so grown up! With a beautiful house and everything! And did i miss something? Are we expecting?

The Olligschlager Family said...

That is so nice that you guys are in a house now! So whats going on in February?

Megan said...

Grandma told me about feb! that's exciting, you lil house is so cute too it's fun huh!

Carissa said...

Cute! I love it. You're so good at decorating. haha We've lived in our apartment 6 mos and still haven't hung all our pictures! I think you're allowed to have one messy room after a big move! And what's happening in February???

Brad and Rachel said...

Feb 4 - Does that mean baby #3?
I LOVE your house. It is so cute!

Michelle C said...

Michelle - are you pregnant???? That's so exciting! Hope you're feeling well. i think you said your pregnancies were pretty easy, so hopefully this one will be too. I LOVE YOUR HOME!! It is amazing. Like from a magazine or something. Just perfect!!!!!!!! I'm so glad you have a big place of your own now! So was Brandon sharing your room before? Or did they each have their own room? I'm nervous thinking about our new little one needing to share a room with Nathan at some point. We just barely have any room in our room and Nathan is in the only other bedroom.

Julie said...

congrats on February! :) The huose is awesome and you've decorated it so cute.

aaronkarlasmithfamily said...

Wow! You have a home now, and it is so nice. One day we'll get big enough to get a house. But hopefully before we have #3 too. #2 for us is due in December, so probably by next summer we'll be ready for our move into a nice house like yours.

The Wheelers said...

Congrats on the baby and the house! Love the decor it is lovely!

Aubrey Dixon said...

Congratulations! I'm really happy for you guys, the house looks wonderful! I'm expecting a new post regarding February soon . . .

Rachel said...

ooh la la! I'm so jealous! The house looks wonderful and wowee! Baby #3 it sounds like!! That's so exciting!!!! oh by the way, loved the chicago reference in the last post.

Darcy said...

It's so cute! I'm jealous that you two have a house... I can't wait to see it :)

Rupp Family said...

ADORABLE!!!! I can't wait to see it in person. Way Way Way fun!

The Cysewski Family said...

Ok. This is a house straight out of HGTV I think. I totally love it, and I too am looking forward to things to come. Very very nice picture taking skills and the whole place looks marvelous. I can't wait to see you guys soon! Love ya!

Kelly Spence said...

What a cute place! Can't wait to have a house!