Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Goodbye My Love

I know it is absolutely shocking to see me updating the blog, but hey I've had my reasons for being so slow.

Reason 1: LIFE HAS BEEN CRAZY
Reason 2: We moved
Reason 3: Because of the move we were without the internet for several days
Reason 4: I usually don't have time to myself to do these things anymore!

But now that the excuses are behind us, we can move forward. We moved into our house this weekend and are loving it. There will be pictures soon...once the boxes are unpacked and pictures are on the walls! So stay tuned. In the middle of acquiring this new home, we have had to say goodbye to a good friend. Allow me the opportunity to pay tribute to my beloved and faithful servant Colbie.



Colbie joined our family in September 2008. We were looking for a second car since Ben works in Spokane. (For those of you who know our long history with cars, please stop laughing). On with the story. As I sat behind the wheel of this 2007 Chevy Cobalt, a heavenly choir started singing. Colbie was small and sleek and smelled oh so good. I loved him. However, economic times being as they are, the time came to part ways. Ben found a minivan through his work that we were able to pay cash for thus reducing our debt load. It was a bittersweet day. So consider this my Ode to a Cobalt. Colbie, you will forever hold a soft spot in my heart. I have never loved a car to the extent that I love you. No other car could weather the storms of winter the way you did. You have proven to me that you are one of a kind. I will always love you.

December 2008-actual picture of our parking lot.

To change the lyrics to an old Chicago song:

"If you see me driving by, and the tears are in my eyes, drive away, Colbie, drive away.
And if we meet on the street someday and I don't know what to say, drive away, Colbie, drive away.
Don't look at me. I don't want you to see me this way".

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's always sad to lose a member of the family! :)

Carissa said...

hahaha Michelle you make me smile! And you've moved?! I'm guessing you're still in the general North Idaho area. Did you buy a house? or just renting for now?

The Pingel Family said...

Carissa-we moved into a house. Just renting still, but we might do a rent to own option later. We are still in Post Falls, even in the same ward. So it's fun. :)

Michelle C said...

You're so cute!! I'm glad you were able to get a van. That'll work great for you! That's exciting about the new house. What town are you in? Can't wait to see pictures.