First of all I want to share some pictures of my sweet little Brandon. He turned one on April 15! I can't believe how fast time goes by. He has his one year check up tomorrow with lots of icky shots and whatnot and we will get to find out his official weight and other stats. Brandon is so close to walking. He stands up by himself and his little legs will start shaking but he just can't quite figure out how to move his little chubba-lubbas yet.
We had a party on Wednesday with Ben's family. It was fun. I decorated a cake for the first time. And it didn't turn out well. I tried to make the best of a bad situation and improvised. The cake turned out okay, but it is nothing like the official blueprint. I am going to hurry and find "cake decorating for dummies" before Rachel's birthday next month! But here are some pics of the event!
On Easter weekend we left Spokane at 6:30 when Ben got off work and made the nine hour trek to Soda Springs. We arrive at 4:00 their time. Everyone says driving at night is the best because the kids sleep. I submit that they do not. Rachel was awake for the last two and a half hours talking to the moon. Brandon would only sleep in my arms. I know, I know, bad mom award right there but it was that or rip my hair out listening to the cries of sadness.
We had an Easter celebration/early birthday for the kids. Also before we left town, we had an indoor Easter egg hunt at Ben's parents' house. The kids didn't really understand the concept yet, but they had fun anyway.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Brandon! I would write more but Landon is pressing the keys.
They are getting so big! I hear you on the time thing - how did you possibly get anything done with your two so close together? Hopefully we will get to meet Brandon someday. Coming to Alisa's reception - probably not... it's a long drive.
I can't believe brandon is already one. That went fast!! Looks like you guys had fun in Soda. We wish we could have made it. Hyrum LOVES his fish aquarium. When we first got it he just sat and watched for along time. It was great!
wow, you guys have been having all sorts of fun! I love keeping up with you guys and your cute family!
Michelle, You have such beautiful kids! It's fun to finally catch up and see what you've been up to. We've been out of the loop since we moved. I'm finally updating our blog slowly, but check it out - there's finally some pics of our new little addition!
hey i don't know your new e mail so i sent it to your old one
That's crazy he's one already! Your cake wasn't creepy and isn't it supposed to be "childish" he's still just a little guy! (: Looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment