Tuesday, January 6, 2009

All About Ben!

Warning: The contents of this post could be sappy, so if that kind of thing leaves you queasy, be sure to pop some tums before reading!

This is the husband tag that has been going around. So to Ben, this is your moment of glory! Enjoy it!

1. Where did you meet your husband? BYU-Idaho. My roommates were friends with a girl in our complex who was from the same town as Ben's roommate. We were having a birthday party for some random girl my roommates knew and Ben came with his roommate. It was a beautiful day.
2. How long did you date before you got married? Counting the engagement, three months. Pre-engagement dating was about three weeks.
3. How long have you been married? 2 1/2 fabulous years.
4. What does he do to surprise you? He knows I don't really like surprises (well, ok, I do if they are real surprises. But I hate it when he TELLS me he has a secret/surprise...the suspense makes me crazy) but I love it when he forces me to pamper myself. Sweet guy!
5. What is your favorite feature of his? He has very beautiful eyes and perfectly shaped eyebrows (weird thing to say I know...but seriously...check out his eyebrows next time you see him and you will see what I mean)
6.What is your favorite quality? Though he has always been great to me, he always tries to improve himself all the time. He is very hardworking and sacrifices a lot for our family.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? He used to call me Meesha a lot, but that has kind of died out I think. And when I am pregnant he likes to call me "Emotional Pile of Goo". I frown on that.
8. What is his favorite food? Big fan of hamburger stroganoff and hamburgers/fries (homemade not mcdonald's quality)
9. What is his favorite sport? Ha ha ha...well he says he likes to watch football. But I don't allow it. So I guess we will say wrestling the children.
10. When and where did you first kiss? On the doorstep of my apartment. I shouldn't tell this story because it's embarrassing to me, but anyway here we go. I decided that day I was ready for a kiss (ha ha) so while we were doing homework I put on my most romantical cd (gag) and then we were standing by the door to say goodbye, and I leaned against the wall and said something like "Gosh I am so tired I won't have anything to remember this day by"...well he got the hint! Good boy!
11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? We love playing games together especially when I win. And watching movies eating his famous, delicious, wonderful popcorn
12. Do you have children? Rachel (20 months) and Brandon (8 1/2 months)
13. Does he have any hidden talents? He is an excellent cook. He doesn't get to practice much anymore, but I learned on our first date that he was the chef of the family!
14. How old is he? 25. Halfway to half a century. Which is like halfway to dead.
15. Who said I love you first? Ben. Many times over. It took me a long time to work up the courage. Ok, not VERY long because if you remember we only dated for three weeks before we got engaged.
16. What is his favorite music? John Mayer, Michael Buble, Frank Sinatra, Churchy Stuff
17. What do you admire most about him? Kind of like I said before he works very hard in a job he kind of hates to provide for our family as he is working toward his masters degree. It is very appreciated.
18. What is his favorite color? Green.
19. Will he read this? Sure will.
20. People I tag. Bri, Darcy, Carissa, Aubrey, any interested parties :)

3 comments:

Brad and Rachel said...

Michelle- Shame on you, not letting Ben watch football. I was watching animal planet last night and it said since men don't have to defend their families (like from vicious animals, etc.) they get to feel masculine by watching sports. (I have to admit. I am just like you and hate letting Brad watch football!)

It was fun to read about Ben since I didn't get to be around during your dating and marriage days - miss you!

The Schmidt Family said...

That was very sweet. I can't believe how big Rachel is getting. Can you believe Halle and her are almost 2 years old! Crazy

Rupp Family said...

I must say that I have never heard your first kiss story before. As you were explaining it I completly pictured it in my head. It is totally you.