Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas and Other Stories!

We had the mother of all winter storms this year. Our internet was down for a few days, and then we were traveling so I have some major catching up to do! First of all, the storm. Wow, talk about crazy. I think we got two feet in one night. It took Ben almost two hours to shovel the snow out of the way so he could get our car out to go to work. Then, he got to stuck in the middle of the road for an hour. Needless to say, he did not commute to Spokane that day.

We had always heard that northern Idaho did a better job of keeping roads clear than southern Idaho...we were misinformed! It has been crazy here. Luckily the day before the storm started we put brand new tires on the Stratus, otherwise the car would be virtually useless. This is the path Ben plowed with our car. And yes, that's through the middle of the parking lot! Crazy crazy!


Christmas was fun. The kids were really excited to open their Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve. They ripped open the packages and had a ball. Christmas morning was another story. They were still tired, and they didn't want to open gifts. They just wanted to play with what was already opened! Next year Rachel should be pretty into it though.

Is it a present...or a chew toy?

Rachel was the cutest Mrs. Claus again this year!


Brandon was all smiles all day. What a cutie!

Bringing Rachel to see what Santa brought on Christmas morning.

We spent Christmas day at home and with Ben's family. The next day we went south for a few days to spend time with my family. Coming home was dramatic. We almost stopped in Missoula for the night because of adverse traveling conditions. But we trudged on going 45 mph for the last three hours and we made it. It was a long night!

We love this picture of Brandon. He is such a cute boy!

This was Rachel's favorite present. She loves buses. It has little people that go inside and it sings songs. She loves it!

One of my favorite stories from our trip happened on Sunday night. We were in Idaho Falls with Ben's Grandma. Rachel and Brandon were sharing a bedroom, and Ben and I slept in the living room. We put the kids down and Brandon was very upset. He just cried and cried and cried. After awhile, we could hear Rachel talking to him. We started listening closer and heard her say over and over "I know, I know". SO CUTE!


All in all, we had a great holiday. I hope every one had a very merry Christmas! And we wish you all a great new year!

5 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

all I have to say is WOW! I'm sorry about your eventful Christmas. That's crazy about the snow. i hope you get some warm weather to melt it all.

Brianna said...

Holy cow, what a bunch of snow!!!! It looks like your Christmas morning was so fun! those kids are too cute!

Michelle C said...

I absolutely love the story of Rachel trying to comfort Brandon, so cute. Your kids are adorable. We had some crazy snow this year too, but you beat us. That's amazing!! So hard to function and stressful!! Why can't they just try to take care of the roads when stuff like this happens??

Brad and Rachel said...

That snow is CRAZY - so glad we live down south... wish you could move here then Ben would never have to shovel again.
I love the 1st Christmas outfit Brandon has on. Kallie has it too! She wore it all the time while we were at my mom's. So when is your next baby due - totally joking.

Rachel said...

She does make a dang cute Mrs. Clause! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas!