Monday, August 25, 2008

Manito Park

About a week ago, before the whole family was sick and dying of various illnesses, we went to Manito Park in Spokane, Washington. We had a lot of fun. It was a little rough because the temperature was over 100 degrees but we chose to overlook that fact and have some good family time.

Rachel loved everything. She was so excited to see something new and explore the area. This is a good picture of her "pondering" the beauty of the area.


This was one of Brandon's first experiences walking around in a kangaroo pouch as I call them...and he loved it! Check out this cute little face!


The park is quite large. One part consists of a nature park with lots of ducks, geese, and various birds. Rachel loved seeing them. The downside--there was more poop on the ground than room to dodge it. So yes, she had stinky shoes. People commented on how the geese were taller than Rachel, but she still loved to be around them. Rachel literally chased this poor bird up and down the hill. She never caught it of course, but the thrill of the chase was enough for her!


We also went to the Japanese garden. The water was actually red. I don't know what they did to it. There weren't any fish because someone had brought in a foreign goldfish or something into the pool and it infected the pool with some virus...yikes. So we just saw a bunch of red water, but it was still beautiful in a weird kind of way.


Next we went to the rose garden. We were so hot and tired by this time that we didn't enjoy it as we should. I loved it though. It was so pretty and the grass was unbelievably soft. It smelled heavenly and there weren't even that many bees even though there were so many flowers.


I can't remember the name of this spot, but it was a crowd pleaser. Something about a garden is so calming and serene. I love it.


While we were loading up in the car, we saw this beastly monstrosity. I can't believe such things are allowed to be created. Starving children in third world countries and people actually drive around in this??? Makes me sick!


Brandon loved to chew on his "kangaroo pouch". If anything is near his mouth he has to try it out!


We even attempted a family picture even though Brandon's head was facing the wrong way.


It was a great outing. If anyone is in the Spokane area, I would highly recommend a visit to this fun and FREE location!

4 comments:

Aubrey Scott said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I just love that picture of Rachel with her rosy cheeks. I can't believe how much Brandon looks like Rachel. It's so cute.

Rachel said...

That looks somewhat like Thanksgiving Point in SLC, which is also very beautiful! Your kids are so darling!

Carissa said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I love the picture of Rachel "pondering". Your hair looks like its getting really long too, Michelle. What a fun day!

Michelle C said...

Such great pictures. The kids are so cute and look so much like you guys!! Looks like you had a great time. I hope you guys are all feeling better.